DTQ awards post-registration qualifications to General Dental Council (GDC) registrants, who are working as part of the dental team and who wish to develop additional skills beyond the profession-standardised learning objectives and assessment criteria for GDC registration, and qualifications to non-registrant members of the dental team who are working in dental administration roles.
Our focus is to develop and quality assure modern assessments and qualifications for the dental team, including apprenticeship end-point assessments; which are not only fit for purpose for 21st century dentistry, but follow evidence-based educational and assessment principles, which produce high quality members of the clinical and administrative dental team, following General Dental Council requirements
We hold information about Centres and their learners including learner names, address, email address and GDC number (if applicable). This information allows us to fulfil our contract with you to provide qualifications.
- Information about the Centre and it’s learners
- Learner Assessment Reports
- Notes of conversations with you about your training delivery
- Details of any complaints you have received and how these complaints were dealt with
- Correspondence with centres
We collect and use this information to allow us to fulfil our contract with you. We also use this information for the legitimate interest of ensuring the quality of the education you provide
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We require up-to-date and accurate information about each Centre. We may contact you to conduct student surveys for quality control purposes.
We will seek your preference for how we contact each Centre. Our usual methods are telephone, email or letter.
We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available through DTQ.
If we wish to use Centre information for marketing, we will discuss this with you and seek your consent. Depending on the purpose and if possible, we will anonymise your information. If this is not possible we will inform you and discuss your options.
We will only disclose your Centre and provided student information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We store your Centre information securely on our computer system. Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work for DTQ; only those working for DTQ have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow procedures to ensure this. We take precautions to ensure security of computers.
Our computer systems have a secure audit trail and we back-up information routinely.
We use cloud computing facilities for storing some of your information. DTQ has a rigorous agreement with our provider to ensure that we meet the obligations described in this policy and that we keep your information securely.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER RIGHTS
You have a right to access the information that we hold about your Centre and to receive a copy. We do not usually charge you for copies of your information; if we pass on a charge, we will explain the reasons.
You can also request us to:
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the change.
- Erase some of the information we hold. For legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information about the training provided). However, we can, if you ask us to, delete some contact details.
- Stop using your information – for example, sending you details or information about our services. Even if you have given us consent to send you marketing information, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- Stop using information if you believe the information is inaccurate or you believe we are using your information illegally.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE
If you do not wish us to use your Centre information as described, you should discuss the matter with us. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue to provide your orthodontic care.
If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with anyone at DTQ, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).
Date: April 28th 2020
Review date: April 2021